Sunday, October 24, 2010

young ADULT

I'm so tired of cafeteria food...so I decided to make my own freezer meals. I'm so excited and I'm blogging about it to one day return here and remember my first domestic moment.

I made:
Black beans with corn, tomatoes, and peas
Jambalaya
Chicken curry
Chicken Torte (kind of like bread-y with chicken and veggies)
Rice pudding 
Pumpkin-Cranberry biscotti. 

This equals 9 frozen rice and entrée frozen meals; 6 entrée size chicken torte meals (not sure how this will freeze/unfreeze, but cross your fingers :D); 7 rice pudding cups, and 15 biscotti cookies (otherwise known as breakfast). All in 3.5 hours.










Considering I can spend anywhere between $2 and $7 per lunch at the cafeteria at work and I did all of this for $50. So that goes for $3.33 for lunches. YAY for saving money, eating good food, and being domestic :D.

I feel accomplished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment