Thursday, November 11, 2010

day 3/4:leviticus (where are you numbers?)

so I'm a book behind, about right now I should be finishing numbers and I'm just finishing Leviticus. I'm going to have to find some extra time this weekend to catch up.

but here's a post since I didn't get to it yesterday.

Leviticus...you are a book full of laws and many many sacrifices...but...you have taught me.
1) I am so thankful for Jesus because I'm not sure how they remembered how much oil to mix with the grain dependent on the cooking method (see leviticus 2). No, but really, It's pretty amazing the work that they went through to keep themselves clean and yet how much do we take for granted this grace we are given. Even more so, I think the lesson is in the consciousness of sin. Often times I think that I sin without a second thought or as a natural reaction to something, but if I had to find a certain ram of a certain age then cut it and give a certain amount of blood while taking the body minus certain body parts to be burned in a certain way...ugh...I get tired thinking about it...the point is, does it take all that to make me conscious of my sin?

2) There were a few verses I really liked
10:3 And Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke, saying: 'By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.'" This is after the sons of Aaron are devoured because they offered a profane offering. May I always give my offerings purely. May this month of partying be pure of heart.
15:31 "Thus you shall separate the children of Israel from their uncleanness, lest they die in their uncleanness when they defile My tabernacle that is among them." The law is in place to protect their Israelites from themselves. The picture in my head of a baby who is willing to sit in it's own fecal matter. It could sit there and play in it and not even really mind. But the problem is that there is so much filth and bacteria that will cause it to get sick and die leaving behind a place completely defiled and gross. This is like what God is saying to the Israelites. You are willing to sit in your fecal matter, but I am putting these things in place so that you will not do this and die.

Numbers come soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment