Friday, February 11, 2011

thursday nights

Coming into this year I knew God had crazy things in store for me to see, experience, be broken by, be blessed by, but I had no clue that my Thursday nights would be this insanely blessing. If you talk to me, I often say I have the best servants team ever, but in light of the fact that I have been told recently that I need to explain the reasoning behind my words- here is my reasoning. I often find myself an incapable leader, not because I'm not commanding or demanding or don't have a vision, but because, for me, I run on emotion. I make my mind up through logic then run on emotion full forced. So, though I'm methodical, I think it's hard for people to grasp why I love or why I w/e the way I do...therefore bad leader. Good leader = being clear, showing the vision, preparing people, etc etc.
Despite this, I really feel like C and I have come to see my vision and have joined along with their own swag. And it's so good. Beyond good. So good. I am so encouraged by the ways that you're growing. I can SEE it. It's tangible...it's like right in front of me like a big billboard. I'm so blessed by the way that we work as a team. We all have our little jobs and it works like a oiled machine. I am so challenged by your ideas and thoughts. I love how we are testifying of what God is doing in the little things. I am overwhelmed by how God is using you two to teach our family group members. I love how after our servants meeting...we just sit and share and enjoy laughter, stresses, awkward moments, but generally just our little B-1 culture bubble.
One things I shared with one of the pastors earlier this year is that I get really overwhelmed at the thought that I am leading people who are going to "grow up" to do even crazier things than I ever did for God. Thank you C and I for letting me see and experience what it means to be a part of growing leaders who will do far beyond what I will ever do- I am so blessed by you two. I am so blessed by our Thursday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment