Saturday, December 18, 2010

God provides

Just a quick note:

One of the hard parts about being a young adult is that you have a bit of money to play with. I made a budget early on which consisted basically on living expenses, savings, tithe, loan pay off, serving money, food, extra essentials, and any extra save for missions money. This month though a few unexpected expenses came up such as my car breaking down, Christmas parties, an electric bill double the normal amount etc. Because of this, during this entire week I've been struggling and thinking about how to balance this; should I save less, should I pay off less of my student loan, etc. Ultimately the question was which big chunk of money that goes out on a monthly basis could cushion a smaller amount this month. These extra expenditures cut into my budget in very odd ways and I couldn't help feeling like pressured to not ask my parents for cushion and to just readjust my budget to make it work. In my attempts to rework my budget I kept falling a certain amount short. (I have never felt the pressure of being short). Within my prayers continued to be the words, "Lord I'm trying, but I just can't seem to do it this month. I'm not going to be short, I just don't want to skimp on things I should be doing such as paying off the amount I feel like you've called me because of these other expenditures." But sure enough upon returning home today, I had a letter (for graduation- several months late) with money. Just enough to cover exactly my extra expenses for the month.
I won't say I was fervently praying for provision or that I am so in tune with God as this may seem, but I can say I felt like he was saying "well done my good and faithful servant".

No comments:

Post a Comment