Friday, November 5, 2010

PARTY!!!

I was meeting up with Y yesterday and she asked my birthday...and so I said November...
and then it hit me! It's my birthday month!...and I almost forgot!

Wow. I should PARTY. 

live it up. 
I'm just getting old.
so I should PARTY.
while I can still walk.
I mean, I can barely stay up past 9:30pm these days.
so my time is short.

Ok, but for real,
I started thinking how I should celebrate
the fact that this is my first birthday
where there will be no exams
to cloud the PARTYING.

But after a much more coherent strain of thoughts,
I started thinking about how I want to begin my 24th year of life
I have 2 years until the quarter-century mark

Did you ever have those thoughts:
By the time I'm 25 I'll be...fill in the blank.
consistent in my walk
settled at a job
married
serving

I've fluctuated on my fill in the blanks, but when I think of it now,
I live so much on who I want to be that day
if God is good today, I will be joyful
if I have meetings, I will be tired
if I have time, I'll invest in people

Ok, I guess that's not so much how my thoughts go everyday,
but subconsciously, honestly, I can see the fluctuations
in my emotions/attitudes depending on the external/environmental. 
I am grateful that the Lord has grown me to realize that
the measure of my faith is no longer in a place of such fluctuation,
but often I am not working towards the person I want to be
then.

So this birthday month, I want to work on that person.
I want to work on the person I want to be then.
Not living outside of the present, 
but living with purpose to be the
woman I know God wants me to be
then.

Please celebrate my birthday month with me 
and join me in this endeavor
I will be reading through the Old Testament throughout the month of November. 
I hope that as I do this, 
He will encourage me to be 
extravagant
in the ways that I live out my life for Him.
To not just expect growth, but push for growth.
To live every year with a purpose.

As He has lead his people through and out of the wilderness
He has cared for them
He has rebuked them and taught them through His prophets
He prepared the way for His glory to come down as man
He has used men and women of faith
to do His will.

I know that this month
 He will lead me and you out of our wildernesses
He will care for us
He will rebuke and teach us through His prophets
He will prepare the way for more of His glory to come down on our hearts
He will use the men and women of faith to
increase our faith to do His will.

Come let us be extravagant.

PARTY WITH ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY MONTH.

*I hope to post daily a verse/passage that has encouraged me,and I hope that if you join me
you too will feel the urging to post either anonymously or not*

**We are already down 5 days...so let's get to it!**












1 comment: